UPDATED GUIDELINES FOR LITURGY
Effective May 7, 2021
The Diocese will now use guidelines from the CDC and the Kentucky Department of Education protocols:
- All pews will be open and parishioners are asked to observe 3 feet of spacing between households in the pew.
- Masks covering nose and mouth are still required for everyone over 2 years of age.
- The dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation remains in place.
- All other previous guidelines remain in effect.
LITTLE PANTRY—BLESSING BOX
Have you noticed an addition to our campus? A Little Pantry-Blessing Box is located near the grotto. The idea is simple. The box is a miniature food pantry receiving non-perishable items from those who want to donate and offering it to those who need them.
A suggestion came from a parishioner who has a heart for the poor, Joseph E. Toon, Jr. The idea originated with Jessica McClard of Fayetteville, Arizona, who started her Little Free Pantry in March 2016 and in recent years and months has become popular locally. There might be several reasons why the concept has “gone viral”. It allows people to practice neighborliness and witness community by sharing their blessings and performing a corporal work of mercy. It really is a blessing for both the giver and the recipient!
The motto sums up and says it best ... “Give what you can. Take what you need.”
Welcome to the newest members in our church family!
- Robert Burgess of Hickory
- Scott & Mary Smith and their children Gabriel, Luke, Sawyer and Adeline of Paducah.